To The Village:
1) December 9 (6 p.m. until the McCulleys remove you from their home): The Hot Drink Special at Ryan and Andrea's house, 5908 E. Lee St.
This will be a great event to bring your friends to. If you have any Settlers of Catan friends, we'll be playing into the night. You can drop in anytime. Looking forward to seeing you.
2) Our Savior's Lutheran Church has asked us to meet elsewhere on Christmas Eve. We will be moving to the back room of Bethel Church (where we had the Thanksgiving Soup Supper) for this occasion. If you would like to offer something related to this service, such as music, reading, decorating, etc., please contact the Big Honcho, Eric Cepin.
3) Budget: We recently received a gift of $5000 from an outside supporter. We are, however, struggling to cover our basic budget needs internally. So we are unable to save this whole amount toward the purchase of a building.
4) Thank you to all who signed up as enforcers for KidVespers. There are still a few slots left. Please be sure to sign up this Sunday. I really appreciate it.
5) Things to Think About: I know many of you signed up for the next round of Pilgrim Groups, and not much info has come out. At this very moment, a second Pilgrim Book is being compiled. We should have Pilgrim Groups up and running in the early part of January. ALSO, the meeting formerly known as That Thing With Eric is being retooled and renamed, and will emerge in all its glory in the near future.
7) The audio recording of the Gospel of John needs to happen soon. I am looking for someone who would be willing to record people on Sundays after Vespers within the next month. The process is simple and training would be included in your special package deal. Please talk to me to find out more about benefits and application paperwork.
8) Parents of Little Children: I am looking for your feedback. Rod and some of the elders have mentioned that it might be a good idea to have someone man our makeshift nursery so that parents can sit in the audience more often. If you think this is a good idea or have some idea how it might work, please e-mail me. We will discuss this at Tribal Elders meeting this week, but we desire your input. Thank you very much from another parent-of-a-little-child.
9) If you are not a POLC (parent-of-little-child), but are still interested in watching LC (little children), you can also throw in your two cents or make your volunteer status known. Your response to this will give me great pleasure.
Reminder: In my sermon 2 weeks ago, I asked that the public conversation at the Village include the fruits of the Spirit -- how we express these, where our weaknesses are, etc. Also, this past Sunday I suggested to you that the Village often gets caught up in being a hospital, with the focus on our sickness, rather than on the healing Jesus offers and what good things we have to give to the world. Please keep this in mind as you interact with each other and as you talk with your neighbors and co-workers